We are recruiting a very exciting role within a global advertising agency for a Commercial Manager.
The Commercial Team continues to change and develop at an exciting pace, to better serve and reflect the pace of change at our client as it diversifies from its core advertising agency to create new specialisms to service our clients.
The commercial team has the remit to fundamentally challenge the status quo and provide the highest standard of management information to Senior Management. As a result this means that our client requires even greater commercial acumen from a more proactive forward-looking, commercial team. The business requires a true business partner from Finance, highly visible and integral to all commercial and strategic decisions.
Job role will include:
- Reporting to the Deputy Commercial Director the role will be responsible for Profit & Loss of a roster of clients; including but not limited to revenue, margin, accruals, deferrals, WIP, and timesheet completion and analysis
- Client work will include preparing estimates for jobs, estimating annual fees / retainers in partnership with clients and Business Leads, contract review work in liaison with CD and Legal, client fee reconciliations as needed, and any other ad hoc work as needed by the account Business Lead
- Ensure business contract compliance on client roster
- Liaison with Finance team to ensure own Client roster revenue reported correctly, accrued & deferred income posted accurately and variances understood and reported.
- Responsible for commercial liaison with Studios included but not limited to ensuring it is in line with agency processes regarding WIP / recs / Billing / Revenue recognition etc, commercial liaison, month-end integration with group ensuring correct cross-charging, any other ad-hoc projects and analysis required
- Any other ad-hoc projects
- Qualified accountant with at least 1 years PQE in a commercial / reporting / analysis role
- Nice, outgoing personality, with energy and ambition
- Able to build relationships with Account Management team, and able to explain financial information to non-finance staff
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness to business stake holders
- Able to challenge the norm, embrace and suggest change where needed
- Self-motivating and able to work independently
- Someone who is proactive, looks to help and can bring ideas to the table and deliver on those ideas
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Analysis skills - able to provide insight into variances and business plans
- Able to liaise and empathise with a Finance Department and deliver to their deadlines
- Revenue Recognition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job