14 MONTH MATERNITY COVER - COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT
REPORTING TO: Head of Commercial Finance
LOCATION: AllClear House, Romford
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Finance Team, Senior Management Team, IT, Marketing and Operations teams, Underwriters and Third-party providers
AllClear are one of the fastest-growing and award-winning Travel Insurance Brokers with operations in the UK, Gibraltar and Australia. Having recently been awarded a 1-star accreditation from 'Best Companies’, Broker of the Year 2018 and Personal Lines Broker of the Year 2019, we are market leaders and with our 5 STAR RATED Defaqto products, it is no surprise that 97% of customers rate us 'Excellent’ or 'Good’ on Trustpilot, with over 30’000 reviews!
AllClear specialises in providing travel insurance to customers with medical conditions, and of older age groups who may have difficulty finding insurance elsewhere. We pride ourselves on the service we provide, giving our customers the chance to travel, regardless of their age, the destination or the medical condition.
The key focus of this role is overseeing the production and distribution of management information to the business and to our clients and underwriters on a timely and accurate basis.
In addition, the individual will assist the Head of Commercial Finance in providing insights into financial decision making through analysis, financial projections (planning, budgeting and forecasting) and reporting.
We are also looking for someone to lead a project which identifies and implements the right solution for improving the speed and accuracy of reporting.
- Management - Manage a team of 2 MI Analysts within the Commercial Finance team
- MI - provides relevant and timely MI to make strategic, operational and tactical decisions
- Forecasting - Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Business partnering - creates effective business partnerships with Marketing, Operations, IT and Pricing to drive value
- Reporting solution - Review current processes/system with a view to automating and ultimately designing and implementing a new reporting system.
- Adhoc - Business cases
This list of duties is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and may be amended by Senior Management from time to time, nor is it in any order of importance.
- A strong financial/analytical background. Preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a range of senior stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes
- Proven ability to work with a minimal resource to create high-quality reporting
- A track record which demonstrates a balance between technical know-how and commercial pragmatism
- Ability to manage own workloads and meet deadlines
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to manage other members of staff
- Shows a desire to succeed and makes specific changes in work processes to improve performance
- Highly numerate with excellent communication skills.
- Honesty & Integrity
- A keen eye for detail
- Prior experience of working in an Insurance intermediary or business providing services to the Financial Services industry and/or a business with a complex distribution network would be beneficial
- Experience in implementing a new reporting system.
Key skills and characteristics:
- Highly numerate with excellent commercial and analytical skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and driven, and will act with pace and proactivity in all aspects of the role - a self-starter that doesn’t require hands-on management to perform their role
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability (and desire) to interact at all levels across the business; energy and dynamism to fit into an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Present confidently and succinctly at all levels in the business, including the Board, and externally
- A team player is essential. Keen to roll up their sleeves and lead by example
- Be a problem solver, thinking laterally to present solutions rather than issues with strong attention to detail and a reputation for delivering accurate and timely information
- Ultimately be relentlessly results and success focussed
- Management Information
- Commercial Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'