Commercial Accountant - Solihull - 40 - 50k
Do you enjoy interacting with the commercial and operational teams to provide critical business information and analysis? With the drive and ambition to influence change within an organisation that are lacking support from their commercial finance teams?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Retail organisation in Birmingham who are looking to recruit a Commercial Accountantwith a specific focus of partnering with Marketing and Sales.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director, you will be responsible for commercial analysis and planning of the Direct Sales channels. You will provide business partner support to the Direct Sales team including development and ownership of Gross Margin and ROI calculation.
As the Commercial Accountant in Solihull you will be involved in:
- Support the Commercial Director and wider UK & Ireland Sales team with sales and margin analysis and reporting
- Validate Direct Sales assumption within business case proposals
- Validate and reconcile monthly sales and margin forecasts
- Support the Commercial Director with the on-going product and customer rationalisation project
- Carry out reviews with Sales and Forecast teams to understand and challenge forecasts at account and SKU level
- Responsible for managing and collating the Sales forecast and budgets by channel / customer/ product type as input to the Financial forecasts/budget
- Prepare monthly Sales analysis for inclusion in the monthly review presentation
- Communicate financial measures to non-financial stakeholders
- Challenge business's cases and sales promotion plans
- Be the "Finance" contact for the Sales and Marketing
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by the Head of Finance
Is the Commercial Accountant in Solihull right for you?
The organisation are a well-known retail organisation with a UK presence and owned by a European group. The role requires a Qualified Accountant with a business partnering background to support the Marketing and Sales teams by analysing large volumes of data and then communicating your findings to the wider business. The role would suit somebody who is at the final stages or recently Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a willingness to investigate and provide recommendations on how to improve, alongside demonstrable experience influencing non finance and challenging with accurate financial information to support change and ultimately drive growth. This a very commercial position which will see you interacting with Sales Managers, Commercial Finance teams and Accounting functions to ensure accuracy.
Progression is available for the right person and ideally this role is a 2 - 3 year move that will equip you with the skillset needed to move into a management role or engage with the leadership team In the future.
Commercial Accountant in Solihull Package:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Health care
- 25 days holiday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'