Commercial Accountant, Peterborough.
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits.
ABPM as experts in financial recruitment are assisting an online retail business who are based in Peterborough. The successful candidate will need to be a qualified accountant with experience in both commercial accounting and management accounting furthermore they must be able to communicate with people at stakeholder and board level efficiently.
- Support the senior management team commercially, facilitating effective decision making through accurate reporting and modelling.
- Production of analytical reports, including management accounts, KPIs and both financial and non-financial data.
- Preparing reports to meet group requirements including:
- Period End - Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet (including reconciliation)
- Sales and Margin Tracking
- Cash Reporting
- Ownership of sales and margin data including the production of comprehensive forecasts and reconciliation of results to expectations. Specifically, the development of product and category margin analysis.
- Actively seeking opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost savings in all Departments.
- Commercial appraisal of operational, buying, merchandising, marketing and other projects and evaluation post-execution.
- Manage the capital expenditure approval process including assessment of payback
- Identification and management of business risks.
- Providing leadership to and controlling the workload of the Finance Assistant and providing cover where required.
- To have obtained an Accountancy Qualification - ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Have experience in both commercial accounting and management accounting.
- Experience providing commercial analysis within a retail business.
This is a great opportunity for a management accountant who has had exposure to commercial accounting. This role requires a very organised, professional individual who can work closely with people at all levels to assist the business operations and development to push the firm forward.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job