Leavesden Studios (WD25)
Salary: £28-32k per annum based on 40 Hours per Week (Possible Evenings/Weekends) plus study if required
Our client, one of the UK's leading hospitality providers, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Accountant to be based at their extremely busy venue based at Leavesden Studios.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To produce accurate and timely accounting information in accordance with their procedures.
- To provide the Catering Services Director and Internal Managers with accurate and timely financial and statistical information, supporting and assisting them to manage their functions within budgets.
- To prepare management accounts at the month end to a high standard ensuring the accuracy and completeness of reporting.
- Sales Mix/Cost of Sales Analysis.
- Produce accurate information for quarterly reviews with the Client.
- Production of weekly forecasts.
- Oversee IndiCater System (in-house computer system) at unit level, review report, check compliance and input by the team members.
- Responsible for raising sales invoices and purchase orders.
- Produce client deposit invoices in accordance with payment terms and conditions.
- Ensure signed back up documents are obtained to support invoice and is maintained in an accurate sequential system.
- Ensure procedures at branch are efficient and organised.
- Cash handling and reconciling:
- Cash, cheque and PDQ transactions are banked promptly and reconciled to branch paperwork.
- Prepare cash floats in advance for use during event trading and that sufficient change is available for the duration of the event.
- Cash collections must be planned in a timely manner to ensure holding cash does not exceed insured limit.
- Check daily cash takings ensuring all are reconciled and daily trading figures are recorded.
- Check and record safe balance on a weekly basis.
- Prepare weekly banking for collection that all cash controls balance.
- Assist the Management in the collation and preparation of monthly management analysis reports.
- Review Weekly Aged Debt reports received from Head Office and ensure the Catering Services Directors are notified.
- Assist Credit Control in recovery action.
- To assist in maximising profitability.
- Support Regional Commercial Accountant/Company on other sites when required.
- To be committed to and promote continual personal professional development, achieved by internal, external training and development.
Person Specification & Key Attributes
- 2 years + in similar role
- Hospitality background desirable
- ACCA or working towards qualification
- Excel is essential, ideally experience with IndiCater
- Has keen attention to detail
- Driven with a desire to succeed
- Team Player
- Ability to manage and prioritise own work load
- Computer literate with high level MS Excel skills
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
- hospitality background
- 2 years + experience in similar role
- ACCA or working towards qualifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job