Commercial Accountant (Contract)
A global manufacturing organisation based in Wigton are looking to appoint a commercially minded Accountant, to cover a period of maternity cover (12-16 months).
A solid hand over period is priority, ensuring a smooth and confident transition into this key finance role. The successful individual will be working within a medium sized finance department, in an open plan office with direct responsibility for two staff and deputising for the Financial Controller in their absence.
Reporting directly to the site Financial Controller, main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist with the preparation, review and communication of UK financial result to strict deadlines, with focus on the following areas of responsibility:
o Turnover - Sales volumes & revenues
o Freight charges
o SG&A costs
- Working closely with the Operational Finance Manager to understand impact of Operational performance on UK result
- Preparation and review of cost centre analysis reports, including regular meetings with cost centre managers to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Assisting with the preparation and review of annual budgets
- Assisting with the development of various reporting and analysis tools to support the Business unit
- Maintenance & development of KPI reporting for range of business functions
- Weekly flash reporting
- Analysis and monitoring of various working capital streams, including working cross functionally to identify & implement working capital reduction initiatives
- Preparation of fortnightly rolling cash forecast
- Key business partner to wide range of stakeholders, both within finance, production and the commercial team.
- Administration of capital expenditure, providing assistance to other functions with investment appraisal as required
- Timely preparation and submission of various national statistical information
- Acting as key support for UK Financial controller, providing cover when required
- Acting as the financial lead on various cross functional projects as required
- Other ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
Qualifications and experience
- Fully or part qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), or 'Qualified by Experience’ with relevant commercial accounting skills.
- Experience of working in a Commercial environment is essential, manufacturing sector being particularly desirable.
- Advanced IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel is essential (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Strong analytical skills, with proven track record in problem solving
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative
- Ability to manage multiple activities and priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of SAP and Hyperion is advantageous
Hours of work - 38 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm)
Anticipated timeframe/start date
We will interview suitable applicants as they apply and can confirm a start date asap, encouraging as much hand over as possible. Latest start date would be end of November/early December.
Planned end date for current incumbent is mid-February. Therefore, dependant on the new starters availability and start date the period of cover could range between 12-16 months, to include hand over at either side of the actual maternity period.
Salary and benefits can be discussed on application/through direct enquiry with Wright Recruitment Accountancy & Finance Limited.
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"