Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! We are expanding rapidly and we are now looking for
Commercial Account Manager South Africa
The Commercial Account Manager is responsible for driving sales of Tableau products within a set of Named Commercial accounts in South Africa. This role manages all aspects of the sales
process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, product demonstrations, evaluation,
close and account care. This is a quota-carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
What you'll be doing ...
- Define and execute account sales plans and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the assigned geographic territory
- Develop and manage sales pipeline - prospect and assess new sales potential while moving a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship within customer accounts
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast-paced sales environment
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Who you are?
- Several years sales experience (including outbound prospecting)
- Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Software sales experience, including interactions with complex sales to Fortune 500 companies and have six-figure deal experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Desire to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue
- Ability to increase sales volume of existing customers
- Account Management
- Account Manager
- IT Sales