Job Role - Commercial Account Handler
Location - Hornchurch, Essex
Salary - £25,000 To £30,000 DOE + Benefits + Company Bonus
Due to a period of growth one of our Insurance Brokers based in Hornchurch, Essex are now actively looking to add to an experienced member of staff to their team.
They are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Account Handler to join their successful team to manage the insurance programmes of a select book of Commercial clients in the South East alongside a team of well established Commercial Brokers. .
Purpose of Role
The role of the Account Handler is to provide office based support to their assigned Account Executive in the day to day running of the client portfolio, including setting up all appropriate actions required for contract renewal. The Account Handler is the first point of contact for all client and provider queries and issues as they arise and is expected to have the skills and knowledge to understand what actions are required to meet the expectations of all parties.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual who will already have in-depth knowledge of dealing with Commerial Combined, Shop, Office, Package Liability and Fleet.
The candidate would ideally need a minimum of 5+ years commercial Insurance experience in processing renewals, claims & new business. This position will involve inheriting a book of business and growing the account.
• Ensure the smooth running of assigned portfolio on a day to day basis
• Develop, maintain and cultivate a constructive and professional relationship with clients and insurers at all levels
• Be the first point of contact for day to day enquiries from clients, providers and other internal and external sources
• Independently respond to queries from both clients and insurers in a pro-active manner, whilst keeping consultants informed as appropriate
• Co-ordinate administration of schemes including invoicing, membership data, claims data, communication materials and other associated queries
• Prepare template client reports as request by Account Executive
• Resolve any identified discrepancies in praovider documentation before sending to clients
• Ensure that any correspondence produced or issued by our client is accurate and adheres to any published brand guidelines
• Proactively initiate & manage the gathering of relevant data for each client’s scheme renewal and ensure accuracy at all times & assist with the analysis of data as required
• Attend internal & external provider and product training as required
• Periodically attend client meetings with the Account Executive, subject to agreement of the Account Handler Team Leader and team resourcing
• Ensure that client records are accurate, up to date and in the correct format
• Maintain client records and data in line with systems and protocols
• Undertake ad hoc project work where required
• Be prepared to work outside contracted hours if workloads & business requirements necessitate
• Promote and comply with the financial & industry regulations and legislations
• Proactively drive own development by seeking to improve & demonstrate technical & industry knowledge, including study for industry accredited examinations & attendance on identified sponsored courses
• Use systems to keep records up to date & ensure the system is up to date at all times
• Provide a proactive professional telephone handling service for both internal & external contracts, including clients, providers and colleagues
• To pro-actively seek, recommend improvements to processes and service, participate fully in the implementation within the team and be ad advocate for change
Technical Skills Required
• Maintain excellent levels of product and market information
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel & Outlook
• Quick & accurate keyboard skills
• Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices
• Knowledge of Terms and Conditions, FCA regulations including Money Laundering and Data Protection and Treating Customers Fairly
• Excellent communication skills including telephone manner
• High standard of literacy & numeracy
• Ability to work as a team and individually using common sense at all times
• Complete understanding and compliance with employee benefits practices and procedures
• Good organisational skills and ability to priories workloads
• High level of accuracy & attention to detail
• Ability to retain & recall information and a good aptitude for problem solving
• Strong team player with a passionate approach for work
• Ability to assist with revenue maximisation by recognising potential leads
• Good standard of general education
If you are the right person for the above role then please do not hesitate to apply today!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'