An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professionally qualified, technically competent individual to join one of Jersey’s leading insurance brokers. The position requires relocation to the island of Jersey.
Basic salary: Up to £35k plus benefits
This would suit a broker with at least 3 - 5 years’ commercial insurance experience looking for an opportunity with huge potential to develop their career further. You will be mainly dealing with the following classes of insurance; Commercial Combined, Property Owners and High Net Worth personal lines.
Working alongside the Directors and Account Executives, you will also have oversight of their junior brokers. It is envisaged that this role will provide opportunity for promotion into an Account Executive role in time.
This role would come with a local licence to work in Jersey and (on request) we can provide you with a link to the States of Jersey website to explain the types of residency and entitlement to work.
To be considered for this position you will need to have previous experience within commercial broking and knowledge of the main classes of commercial insurance. You will be hungry to learn and will have excellent customer service skills.
Ideally you will have commenced your CII professional exams, and be eager to progress these to Diploma and Associate level in time. (Full company support is provided).
Main duties will include:
- Building strong relationships with clients, understanding their risk exposures and insurance needs
- Dealing with a good volume of renewals and pro-actively ensuring a high retention level
- Handling mid-term adjustments and responding to day to day queries and correspondence
- Communicating with insurers to obtain the best terms and submit presentations; building strong relationships with them.
- Broking risks for new business and renewals
- Working closely with the Account Executives and Directors on client insurance programmes, ensuring the client`s needs are met at all times
- Commercial Insurance
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job