Our client is an established claims management company based in London (Central) which has major connections in the property industry.
By utilising these connections, they have identified a real potential for the placement of property insurance and, with this in mind, they have formed a new FCA regulated insurance brokerage which will be based in London, specialising in Property Insurance. This brokerage will have access to some market leading insurance products that are not available to other brokers.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious Commercial Account Executive who will have the potential to build a book of Property Insurance business. The right candidate will be given full marketing support to enable them to have the best possible opportunity of building an account.
As well as in in-depth knowledge of Property Insurance, you will be expected to have excellent business development skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. This a fantastic opportunity for the right individual in a role with genuine career prospects at an early stage company - and with the back-up and security of a large claims management company.
The salary is negotiable depending on experience and is also dependent on whether you will be bringing clients across.
Experience: A minimum 3 years Commercial Account Executive experience required - ideally (but not essential) as a Property Owners Account Executive.
- To develop new client accounts and eventually service existing accounts.
- Responsibilities: To administer and service new clients, which includes but is not limited to, administration, preparation of broking presentations to insurers, obtaining quotations using online trading systems, negotiating premiums with underwriters, processing adjustments, preparing client reports and other documentation and handling claims.
- To be responsible for the retention, maintenance and growth of client accounts and to meet monthly and annual targets.
- To cross-sell insurance and approved non-insurance products according to the demands and needs of existing clients, and to secure new business from client referrals or leads generated by you or the Company.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- They should have a positive work ethic and have the ability to build and maintain long term working relationships with clients and insurers.
- They will be required to use their own initiative and work well both as a team as well as independently.
- They will need to be efficient and organise work effectively, have good technical and administrative knowledge and be capable of working under pressure to deliver results whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service, and adhering to FCA, TCF & other compliance guidelines at all times.
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an account executive or account manager role within a general insurance broker; Technically very competent on Property Insurance products and have a good working knowledge of most areas of insurance broking;
- Competent on Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook programs to an intermediate standard;
- Educated to 'A’ level (or equivalent) or higher with Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) A-C grades, including English and Maths;
- High level of numeracy and spelling Competent business letter-writing skills
- Candidates should ideally have achieved or be working towards Cert CII qualification