Location: UK-wide, can consider any base location. Salary £40,000 per annum +overtime along with other benefits.
Our client is a market leader in the field of Combined Heat and Power for the last 35 years, due to continued growth in this market. They have an urgent need for a service engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Being a family run business, they have strong values on staff retention and career development so there are offering a career rather than a job.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Commissioning: you will be van based and using a combination of your engineering skills on your tools, practical coordination and face-to-face client liaison skills, IT & systems engineering skills, to commission the unit and hand-over to the client. Overnight stops are normal for the duration of this phase.
- Attend site as principal commissioning engineer. Firstly, working alongside our engine manufacturer, but rapidly developing the ability to carry out full commissioning autonomously
Coordination with all the associated trades is necessary; such as client’s mechanical & electrical engineers, BMS control engineers, Electrical DNO, client’s IT department
- Carry out hands-on handover training for client’s site staff
- This role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a generator or CHP commissioning engineer, or similar role
- Some previous relevant experience with gas engines
- Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
- Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap / Deep Sea etc
- IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
- Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
- Gas Safe qualification
- IT / Broadband Network knowledge
- CAD Qualification or practical skills (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification) IEE 17th Edition Qualified
- CSCS card
- Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc h) Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
- Already own basic electrical & mechanical tool kit
Our client can offer;
- Attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications
- Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme
- Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling needed
- Company Vehicle Company Phone
- 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
This opportunity is available immediately for the right person!
Please apply online today with your detailed CV in order to be considered or please call Derek on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job