Combat Systems Procurement Specialist
As a Combat Systems Procurement Specialist, you will be working within the integrated project teams, responsible for the delivery of multiple cross-functional engagements from RFI/RFQ stage through to project and product lifecycle. The role includes the development of procurement strategies & plans, and the associated engagement and management of suppliers, projects and other stakeholders to deliver project/business objectives.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Preparing the procurement strategies and plans for materials and services
• Managing, supporting and or preparing outputs and deliverables and selecting suppliers in accordance with the departmental procedures
• Managing and supporting or negotiating all commercial, financial, and schedule elements of the subcontracts/project and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures
• Pro-actively support and deliver effective supplier management and service delivery
• Identifying and implementing business improvements resulting in cost saving opportunities
• Acting as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers (internal/external)
• Demonstrating commercial understanding and can manage a complex contract
• Demonstrating an understanding of basic T&C’s
• Extensive experience within the procurement / supply chain department
• Strong stakeholder management experience demonstrating strong communication skills and commercial acumen
• Working understanding of tool sets and IT
• Experience managing cost drivers in the value chain and the principles of total cost of ownership
• Experience managing change programmes
• Risk & opportunity management experience
• Systems procurement experience with SAP, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Windchill are all desirable
• You will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across multiple stakeholders.
• You will be able to demonstrate you are proactive and driven with good leadership skills.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"