Location: Kings London (Beckenham)
Reports to: Principal
Line manages: Welfare, Student Services, Enrichment and Activities
Contract type: permanent
Salary: £33,000 per annum
Work hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Application deadline: 16 February 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take on the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead; ensure that safeguarding concerns are escalated to external agencies appropriately
- Manage the College and Student Services functions of the college to include: Student Services Officers and Student Welfare; ensuring compliance at all times with legislation, government guidance and Kings policies and working towards customer service excellence and 'outstanding’ ratings.
- Line manage the Student Services team so all staff know and understand their part in the implementation of Kings’ policies and the processes required to maintain compliance and achieve excellence
- Line manage the Welfare Officer so that Individual Health Care Plans are in place in good time for all who need them, student self-medication is monitored, welfare interviews take place on arrival and termly thereafter, student records are maintained scrupulously and data flows properly to the relevant staff as needed.
- Work with the Accommodation Manager to support maintenance of the Host Family SCR and student welfare in accommodation.
- Line manage the Activity Co-ordinator to ensure a diverse and inclusive programme of events is managed and delivered to all students
- Work closely with key members of staff to deliver an effective and informative induction and registration process for all students
- Ensure that college services operate smoothly, mindful of our aim to be 'green’ in keeping with Kings Social Responsibility plan
- Liaise with Kings College Services Director over compliance requirements; participate in the school safeguarding, health and safety, e-safety, crisis and critical incident and SMSC committees, contribute to cross school forums and deliver training for staff handling the emergency phone
- Participate in the preparation for college inspections including Ofsted and the British Council, working with the Principal and other department heads as appropriate
- Assist the Principal in maintaining the School Development Plan and coordinating with other departments to ensure that the plan is delivered and regularly reviewed
- Meet student survey results targets for your areas of responsibility
- Act as coordinator for various school policies ensuring compliance and annual reviews take place
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of establishing a college environment where students feel well looked after and staff are approachable
- Experience of team management
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relevant to a boarding school and the ability to transform regulations into effective working practices and efficient processes
- Experience of safeguarding at a senior level, relevant record-keeping and channels of communication including external agencies
The College Services Manager will need to be a versatile communicator, able to foster and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues and external agencies and suppliers. This person will be able to create an environment where students feel cared for and safe and where staff are approachable. We are looking for a caring, empathetic attitude, excellent organisational skills, the ability to multi-task, to stay calm in a crisis, personal authority, sound judgement and a sense of humour.
Essential attributes include:
- The ability to work collaboratively with other managers to fulfil objectives
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and using databases
- The ability to recognise changes in the regulatory framework and perceive their implications
Desirable attributes include:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and diplomacy
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (2 references required - comments on suitability to work with under 18s will be sought)
Please visit our website more information about Kings.
- Student Welfare
- student services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job