College Services Administrator
Nottingham Trent International College has been offering international students university preparation courses since 2005 and was Kaplan’s first UK pathway college. Today NTIC welcomes hundreds of students each year from more than 60 countries. It enjoys a prestigious academic partnership with Nottingham Trent University, Winner of the 2017 Times Higher Education University of the Year Award, Modern University of the Year and TEF Gold. Through a combination of high quality teaching and strong support throughout the programme, our students go on to a wide variety of degree programmes from art and engineering to finance, law and journalism. The college is located on the city campus of Nottingham Trent University.
College Services was established in 2016 following an amalgamation of subsidiary departments of Student Services, Compliance, Academic Services and Operations. With some areas of specialism, all team members work together to deliver the highest standards of service to all our students for all areas of student life.
As a College Services Administrator, you will be primarily responsible for dealing with students and staff enquiries, recording and reporting of student data to and from the student record management system and covering all aspects of the student life-cycle, from registration to course completion.
The main responsibilities of the College Services Administrator role include:
- assisting with all administrative tasks and responsibilities of the College Services Team, including day to day customer enquiries on reception desk.
- maintaining the College electronic student record management system.
- processing of confidential information.
- taking minutes for various meetings such as assessment boards, academic misconduct panels or exceptional extenuating circumstances boards.
- administrating and processing of student and staff feedback questionnaires.
- supporting attendance monitoring and administration of teaching covers.
- assisting with the development of the College social programme.
- any other duties as required from time to time by the Manager of College Services, Academic Director, Head of College Services or College Director.
With a particular focus on:
- supporting students with finance queries related to their academic programme.
- supporting college orders, processing of invoices and financial reconciliation.
- supporting space management including timetabling and room bookings.
- supporting all academic staff recruitment processes as well as academic staff induction, staff IT set up and payroll activities.
- administrating all processes relating to examinations
- tracking students’ progress and advising students or stakeholders about academic options available and using effective negotiation skills to direct students towards appropriate back up choices.
- supporting the production of statistics and reports on progression-related activity for analysis by Senior Managers and other stakeholders.
- a sound understanding of UK education, EFL or the international student sector.
- a strong and proven commitment to excellent customer service.
- a team player ethos.
- excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including a strong grasp of formal writing for reports and official correspondence.
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- experience of working with large scale databases.
- the ability to analyse and present data clearly.
- the willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary.
- excellent attention to detail and experience working with a high degree of accuracy.
- the ability to implement existing processes and to develop new processes as and when required.
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent
- an understanding of best practice when working with under 18s
- administrative experience in the tertiary education sector
- experience of scheduling/timetabling
- experience of supporting international students
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: Monday 30th April 2018 (13:00)
Phone interviews: w/c 30th April 2018
Interviews/Recruitment day: w/c 7th May 2018
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. It offers a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, which may change depending on the needs of the business.
- Higher Education
- International Education
- Management System
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"