This role is a full-time 12 month fixed-term/ secondment position (37.5 hours per week) Monday to Friday working pattern.
This role will be based at our Cardiff office.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated team player to work within our Customer Operations Department. Reporting to the Collections Team manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the debt collection processes are adhered to.
You will have previous collections/credit control experience ideally within the utilities sector.
You will have knowledge of debt collection and experience in target driven environments. As a strong self-motivated team player, you will be able to work to deadlines and manage expectations accordingly demonstrating a high level of attention to detail throughout all aspects of the role with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks and scheduling to ensure the billing processes are conducted on time and where necessary contact customers to ensure bills are paid within the agreed credit terms
- To work towards incentivising the customer to make payment towards their overdue account
- Use discretion to identify potential problem customers and manage their accounts, by creating payment plans or taking other action where necessary
- To "solve" accounts so that Customers make full payment of bills: on time, every time in future
- Ensure reminder letters / emails are issued to customers on a regular basis in line with the collection process
- To support the litigation process
- To regularly review closed accounts in credit and raise refunds where necessary
- Answer contact forms and emails received from customers
- Complete call-backs to customers where requested
- To receive incoming calls from customers in arrears where required
- Use the 'Land Registry’ portal to identify the registered homeowner where required
- Provide 'second level’ support to the customer service team on a day to day basis as required
- In accordance with process, cease services where customers exceed payment terms
- Identify customers where the account should be written off in accordance with company policy
- Take a pro-active approach to ensure that customers are on the appropriate payment type or plan
- Provide input into system development, prioritisation and testing
- Undertake other tasks and ad-hoc project work as required by the business
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of debt collection processes
- Understanding of the utilities sector is desirable but not essential
- Customer service orientated
- Friendly, professional telephone manner
- Highly organised and motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, energetic and team orientated
- Shares ideas with others to make improvements
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Willing and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customer needs
- Understands the importance of targets
- Shows a positive, "can do" attitude in the face of challenge. Enjoys and strives for success
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
We offer some fantastic benefits including a competitive pension scheme, life assurance, innovation reward scheme, employee referral bonus and wellbeing assistance (24 hour helpline and counselling service).
We also have a flexible benefits scheme which includes the ability to purchase additional holiday, child care vouchers, medical insurance, gym membership and our corporate perk scheme (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops). Where applicable (We have an active social calendar with events taking place throughout the year which are subsidised by the company.)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job