Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Collections Officer to join our team in London on a temporary basis.
The Collections Officer role:
You will be the first point of contact for effectively managing customers arrears with a strong focus on income collection maximisation and customer relations. Responsible for working to agreed policies and procedures, using data to ensure the delivery of a rent collection and arrears service, achieving targets whilst helping customers to manage debt.
Responsibilities of our Collections Officer:
- Maximise all revenue streams to improve income collection rates and minimise the levels of debt.
- To monitor arrears cases and ensure that prompt action is taken, including liaison with internal Benefits & Money advice specialists and instigating legal proceedings where necessary
- Respond to routine enquiries from customers, in person, through correspondence and by telephone
- Ensure personal objectives and targets are met
- Interview residents by phone, in the office or via home visits as required
- Actively promote to tenants the range of payment methods available and signpost them to the relevant financial or other support available
- Provide advice and information to tenants in respect of interventions for managing arrears and welfare benefit entitlements
- Keep abreast of all appropriate welfare reform, benefit and revenue related changes in legislation
What we’re looking for in our Collections Officer:
- Experience of income recovery for arrears
- Understanding of legal proceedings for rent arrears
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and targets
- GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent, 2 A-Levels or equivalent
- Debt Management
- Rent Collection
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'