Job Title: Collections Officer (trainee and experienced hires)
Salary: £18,500 to £28,000 base salary plus bonus of up to £350.00 per month depending on performance
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pm working on a shift (8am to 4pm, 9 to 5pm 10 to 6pm, 11 to 7pm, 12 to 8pm). Fridays 8am to 6pm working on a shift (8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, 10am to 6pm). 1 Saturday every 4 weeks working 9am to 1pm (time off in lieu)
- 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 2 years' service
- 1 day off - Birthday
- 1 day off - Wellness day
- Pension 10% employer's contribution with 5% employee contribution
- Private Medical Cover which includes pre-existing conditions
- Discounted rates for Car Finance
- Death in service x4 of base salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fresh Fruit daily
- Discounts on 1000s of retailers/online stores
- Pre-paid credit card- if hit targets hit (amount varies)
- On site café and restaurant
- State of the art office facilities
- Pool table/ ping pong tables/staff bar
About our client
Our client is one of the UK's fastest growing independent finance companies, helping thousands of people, to fund their next car, van or motorcycle. Part of a large banking group, our client has an impeccable reputation for delivering high standards and excellent products by working with approved and trusted dealers to bring straight forward finance to customers around the UK. They provide funding options such as Hire Purchase and Personal Contract Purchase.
About the role of Collections Officer
The Collections Department are on a truly transformational journey that is on course to see the department as industry leaders in the Collections landscape. Whether it be for the technology we use, the people that work for the business or the development they provide, you will join a department that recognises there is still a way to go, but empowers people and provides the support needed to get there.
As a Collections officer you will be responsible for helping customers who may find themselves in financial difficulty with their finance agreement. As part of the role of a Collections Officer you will be responsible for negotiating and problem solving in order to assess the best outcome for the customer. You will be required to study for the Certificate of Debt Collection. This will be supported by the business and a bonus will be applied on successful completion. There will be structured training and development and great opportunities to develop a career within the organisation
Responsibilities and experience required for the role of Collections Officer
- Negotiating with customers in arrears for repayment of balances or looking at other alternative ideas for resolution
- Making decisions to recommend the best course of action after internal procedures have been exhausted
- Adhering to internal and regulatory policies to ensure that always, at all stages, customers are treated fairly, and customer outcomes are achieved
Experience required for the role of Collections Officer
- Experience is largely dependent on experience.
- Collections experience would be highly desirable, however not essential, providing you can demonstrate the ability to negotiate effectively and deliver a high level of customer service, in a regulated environment
- To qualify for the higher salary range you will need to have collections experience gained in a regulatory environment
For more information regarding the role of Collections Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days
- Customer Service
- Consumer Finance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'