We're currently recruiting for a Collections Administration Officer to join our Collections & Recoveries Team and will be primarily focused on the Business Finance division.
The role holder is responsible for supporting The Collections Manager, proactively manage and support the Collections Teams in all administrative work, while delivering a fair outcome to our Customers’.
Ensure that actions are taken to mitigate against losses from bad debt whilst complying with the regulatory requirements the bank operates within.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the Collection’s E mail box and working to strict SLA’s.
- Operate within a set of delegated authorities as defined by the business.
- Issue and manage instructions to internal agents, ensuring we are fully compliant.
- Select appropriate standard correspondence to Hirers regarding arrears through to Notice of Default and Termination when necessary in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, where applicable.
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the Collections Manager, a Director or Bank Legal & Compliance.
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks to the Collections Manager and/or the NPL Manager in a prompt and effective manner
- Liaise with internal and external contacts.
- Carry out credit searches on customers using approved third parties where appropriate.
- To provide recommendations for improvements to processes, systems, procedures and controls.
- Ensure that the customer is treated fairly at all times.
- Provide administrative support such as adding asset valuations and other ad-hoc duties.
- Keep accurate records on customers account.
- Maintain various spreadsheets on repossessions, Agents instructions
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard
- Proven track record of 1-2 years experience in dealing with collections/litigation accounts in a banking environment.
- Knowledge of the Asset Finance industry is preferred.
- Understanding and awareness of Data Protection Act and legislative requirements.
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the wider Collections & Recoveries team’s objectives.
- Ability to build productive relationship with internal and external contacts.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and able to build reports and carry out spreadsheet analysis
- Knowledge of Treating Customers Fairly
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within Financial Services
- Administrative Work
- Bad Debt
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job