Collections and Recoveries Advisor
My client a well-known company in their field are looking for an experienced collections advisor to join them on a permanent basis in their Bromley office.
To support the Head of Recoveries in their delivery of a first-class debt recovery service and to appropriately instruct and manage legal proceedings to recover debts owed to client companies, in line with service level agreements and individual and team targets.
KEY TASK AREAS
- To manage an allocated case load of files.
- To issue proceedings and enforce court judgements in undefended cases, including:
o Timely filing of the relevant papers to the court service, using standard forms and documentation
o Instructing and briefing Counsel prior to hearings
o Ensuring enforcement of the judgement, including instruction of and liaising with the High Court Enforcement Officer where applicable, drafting charging order applications, issuing warrants, applying for attachment of earnings.
o Complying with departmental diary systems relating to key/critical dates
- To negotiate and record payment arrangements in line with client SLA’s.
- To manage all transactions in line with the relevant service level agreements
- To support the Client Manager in complying with clients’ reporting requirements
- To build and maintain effective professional relationships with clients
- To communicate with clients for case related matters, including updating clients on progress, discussing appropriate courses of action and obtaining feedback
- To communicate effectively with all parties e.g. court service, third parties, bailiffs, sheriffs & tracing agents, both on the telephone and in person
- To review incoming post and prioritise accordingly
- To manage and process high volumes of telephone calls effectively
- To produce non-standard written correspondence to a high standard
- To deal swiftly with client complaints in line with the departmental standards and the firm’s complaints procedure
- To monitor and review payments from debtors
- To adhere to company standards, policies and procedures always
- To undertake relevant training as required
Skills and Abilities
Ability to relate to clients and colleagues in a confident and professional manner
Good problem solving skills
Must be organised, methodical and accurate
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Ability to work without close supervision
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
IT literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
Ability to think ahead and use initiative
Ability to communicate courteously in a clear and concise manner with both clients and colleagues
A polite, friendly and confident telephone manner
Excellent time management skills
Conscientious and common sense approach to work
High levels of accuracy and good attention to detail
If you are interested please apply now!
- Corporate Recovery