If you are looking for a good work life balance, enjoy speaking to people and have excellent customer service experience, you will be pleased to join our very friendly team as a Collections Agent.
Based in Merthyr Tydfil, you will proactively chase customers for outstanding debt via outbound and inbound telephone calls and other methods of communication. There will targets to meet but these will be linked to bonuses and are measured by the amount of calls that you take and their quality and efficiency. Although you will be working in a call centre our shift patterns mean that you won't be working any later than 8pm one week in every 4, leaving you time to spend doing what is most important to you!
Our office is open plan and the team are focused on building an ever-increasing environment that is welcoming, engaging and overall an enjoyable place to work. Some of the incentives recently introduced are agent forums, smart casual work attire and for those who wish to participate fancy dress competitions for holidays such as Halloween and Christmas. So, if you're looking for a nice environment to work in, with a team that cares about your progression and welfare then why not apply for our Collections Agent role?
What you’ll be doing
- Making calls to and receiving calls from our customers
- Ensuring that all clients/customers receive the best customer service
- Negotiating payments and/or arrangements over the telephone
- Updating systems with relevant call details
- Returning abandoned calls in line with agreed targets
- Ensuring overall performance and targets are met and reporting any issues to the Team Leader/Manager.
- Assisting with administration duties within the team
- Meeting targets, with a potential bonus measured by the amount of calls made/taken and the quality and efficiency of those calls
The hours for this permanent role are:
37.5 hours per week. The role is on a shift pattern to cover the hours of the call centre. Please find below an example shift pattern:
Week 1: 10am - 6pm
Week 2: 9am - 5pm
Week 3: 8am - 2pm (this week would include working the Saturday*)
Week 4: 12pm - 8pm
*Saturdays will be one in every four
What you’ll need:
- Previous customer service or sales experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to speak in a clear and concise manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive and self-motivated attitude
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult and complex telephone conversations whilst remaining calm
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience working in a highly targeted environment
- Prior debt collection experience
- Prior experience in a sales related background
We ensure all employees receive ongoing support, training in their respective fields and a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Simplyhealth cash plan
- Free parking
- Training and Development
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discount card benefit scheme
Marston Holdings is the UK’s largest judicial services company working for over 500 local authorities, central government and businesses. Our 4,000 frontline agents and self-employed enforcement officers deploy from 170 offices and help collect £500m a year on behalf of UK taxpayers and business.
We are an industry leader in the delivery of ethical services, prioritising customer welfare and using data to help our clients make better decisions.
Interested? Apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'