Job Title: Collections Agent
Reports To: Team Leader
Main Purpose of the Role: To contact and work with customers who are overdue on paying their instalment, account balance or agreed repayment plan; supporting each customer in getting their account up to date specific to each individual’s circumstance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact customers who have failed to meet their agreed payment date, showing forbearance and support in helping them get their account up to date
- Ensure that all customer accounts are worked through thoroughly, making sure that all underwriting and previous dialogue is checked for new contact information and account instructions.
- Using all available methods to contact customers while following the Debt Collection Procedure
- Setting and keeping up to date with customer call back requests resulting fro inbound or outbound calls, following through on the agreed actions on each account on time
- Answer all inbound customer calls inclusive of supporting the customer service department and respond promptly to customer email and SMS communication where applicable
- Keep each account up to date with all communication notes being completed in full detail on the 'dialogue’
- Assigning relevant call back requests to Team Leaders where applicable
- Support colleagues and the department throughout the duration of your shift
- Work towards achieving daily and monthly targets. This includes aiming to contact circa 60 customers per day in your first 2 months and between 70-100 customers after this time and work towards achieving the expected amount of positive outcomes per month as set by the department manager.
This is a summary of the role and the employee is expected to undertake additional ad-hoc duties as and when necessary to fulfil the needs of the business.
Person Specification /Skills/Education and Attributes:
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- A compassionate and empathetic approach
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths is essential
- Excellent administrative skills
- A knowledge of computers and office software
- Good listening skills
- A personable approach
- Good organisational abilities
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The confidence to liaise professionally with customers and creditors
- Previous experience in an Collections or Call Centre based role
- Strong negotiation and collection skills.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Target driven and ability to work under pressure.
- IT literate
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV by pressing the apply button below.
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'