Job Title: Collections Agent
Reports to: Collections Performance Leader
As a Collections Agent within Customer Services you’ll work in close partnership with colleagues across Customer Services and the rest of the business to deliver on our customer promises and achieve team and business targets. You’ll be supported by a Collections Coach and the Collections Manager.
You’ll need to be able to identify the difference between 'can’t pay’ and 'won’t pay’ and take the appropriate action in each case. You’ll need to ensure you’re aware of and adhere to data protection and energy industry regulations; we’ll teach you what you need to know. You’ll need to be able to seamlessly switch between domestic, business and key commercial accounts and adjust your approach to these customers to suit their needs.
- Delivering exceptional customer service ensuring each interaction provides a customer experience that focuses on fulfilling the customer's needs, and builds trust and value with them
- Collect outstanding balances from customers and negotiating payment plans that repay any debts whilst considering the customer’s needs
- Be confident in contacting customers primarily by telephone to explain complex issues, resolving queries and preventing unnecessary future contact from the customer where possible
- Continuously developing your knowledge relating to the energy industry, energy efficiency, and renewables to ensure you can effectively support and develop customer knowledge
- Proactively owning your development and learning to ensure you remain expert in any new Good Energy propositions and industry developments
- Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to enable the business to constantly improve its delivery to customers
With a positive mind-set, you’ll be a confident individual, personable and be motivated to achieve. You’ll possess demonstrable experience of working within a B2B and B2C collections function and be proactive about building your own knowledge and driving your own development.
In addition, you’ll be a good team player, who is passionate about sharing and collaborating with others. You’ll possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a strong ability to problem solve.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Analytical, with a strong ability to problem solve
- Quick learner with a thirst for knowledge
- Proactive about building your own knowledge and driving your own development
- A good team player, sharing and collaborating with others
- Knowledge or experience of renewables, energy and the energy industry
Works in a way which role models our purpose & values:
Our Purpose: 'Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
- Travel allowance at all levels
- Green Travel Allowance
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
- Flexible working practices across many roles
Along with many more benefits!
Where to find us
Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We’ve been here since the very beginning, and are busy planning a new state-of-the-art headquarters to call our future home. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 22nd January 2019
- Customer Experience
- Data Entry
- Energy Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'