Coatings Chemists - Non-woven/Textiles/Paper
Whitehall is recruiting for a number of polymer coatings chemists across the UK in order to develope innovative processes for the production and commercialization of eco-friendly materials and fabrics. The required polymer coatings chemist will have an indepth knowledge of polyurethane waterbased coatings for the development and production of new systems and processes.
- Design, formulate and development of new solvent free systems.
- Transfer of new solvent free systems into production and support full-scale manufacture.
- Write specifications for production and quality control.
- Improve existing processes to reduce wastage and increase quality.
- Liaise with customers and participate in trials at customer sites.
- Experience in the development of waterbased coatings particular in the textiles, nonwoven, paper or leather industry.
- Able to manage projects and be an effective contributor to multidiscipline teams.
- Candidates must have commercial acrumen, an innovative mindset and be able to work on many projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent written and spoken English is essential.
In return our client is offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package with opportunity for career and personal development. Assistance will be provided for relocation if required.
- Technical Textiles