To coordinate, motivate and continually develop a team of Service Engineers in all aspects of the service support function developing same; including the monitoring and maintaining of service levels, response times, maintenance contracts, company warranty process and invoicing of all maintenance activity.
- To work in a proactive manner keeping up to date with systems, reducing unnecessary maintenance costs, missed services or aborted call outs.
- To plan and organise Service Engineers workload daily ensuring the cost effective and efficient use of time and resources through liaison with the Operations Manager in the planning process to ensure that timescales are adhered to, that all maintenance contracts and commitments are delivered in a timely manner to the highest possible standard.
- To plan for future capacity requirements and agreed client service schedules.
- To maintain accurate and tidy records of all service details including service sheets and Service Engineers time sheets and expenses records. These must be available upon request.
- Effective tracking of maintenance records and Service Engineer performance using company IT systems.
- To manage the Companyâ€™s warranty process and claims activity maintaining company interests and client confidence.
- To authorise and invoice all maintenance activity to clients and associated third parties including fleet management organisations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- To promote that all work carried out is compliant with current Health and Safety regulations.
- To carry out general administration duties including data entry for workshop and office functions and the raising of job cards.
- To carry out front of house duties to include answering and directing calls.
- To cover for colleagues during absences.
- Any other reasonable request that may or may not be linked to this Job Description.
Knowledge and Experience:
A proven track record in managing a service function and remote employees, IT skills and a good understanding of health and safety in an engineering environment is essential to this role as is proven experience in vehicle garage software and Epyx1 Link.
Key Skills and Behaviours:
- Good team membership and leadership skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills, able to manage workload effectively.
- Flexibility and the ability to run with more than one task at a time acting on own initiative.
- Good Communication and influencing skills; is personable, confident and persistent.
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Numeric and literate with excellent IT skills.
- Ability to follow instructions in a precise manner managing time effectively.
- Works quickly and accurately.
This is a key role to the smooth and efficient running of the business and requires an individual who is professional toward all internal and external customers.
- Garage Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job