A well-established family run business whose mission is to react quickly to customer needs and provide a quality product on time while meeting customer requirements. By providing the right mix of both CNC and manual machining, this company have developed a sound reputation for quality, service and response. As such they now seek quality CNC Engineers to join their growing team.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- Read, interpret and understand technical drawing details
- Reverse engineer and analyse samples to produce new technical drawings.
- Use CAD CAM (Bob cad) software to produce accurate drawings and write programmes.
- Plan and organise processes, giving due consideration to efficiency and productivity.
- Set and machine components using:
- CNC Alpha Lathe with conversational programming
- CNC 3-axis Eagle Milling machines with Fanuc programming
- Use suitable measuring equipment to establish correct fit and tolerance to drawing, specification and instruction
- Clean and maintain equipment, tooling and workshop environment
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and punctually
- Follow Health & Safety procedures including wearing necessary Person Protective Equipment to ensure safe working practices for self and for others
- In addition, all employees must adhere to the policies and procedures in the Staff Handbook which conform with ACAS regulation.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Read and interpret technical drawings to be able to calculate the rectangular co-ordinates of drilled holes on a Pitch Circle Diameter PCD.
- Decimalise angular positions working with degrees and minutes and further be able to set the machine, jigs and fixtures to cut at these angles.
- Calculate and set tooling speeds and feeds when cutting different material specifications including aluminium, cast iron, mild steel & tool steel
- Anyone with tool-room experience for turning and milling.
- Knowledge and experience of turning and milling processes and application
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant CAD CAM software, programming and application
- Ability to maintain tools and equipment to perform their functions safely and efficiently
- Knowledge and experience of inspection procedures and processes
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the workshop including house-keeping, manual handling and portable tool use
Knowledge and experience of NC vertical machining processes and application
Knowledge and experience of various manually operated Bridgeport Tos Milling machines
- Communication skills - written and verbal literacy
- Planning and organising
- Prioritising and assessment skills
- Problem solving skills with good level of numeracy application
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willing to learn
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.