Our client is a true world class engineering group who operate from a stunning state of the art engineering facility,that is the most advanced in the UK. The company have invested in the latest technologies that places them as world leaders in this sector. Due to these investments they are experiencing an incredible growth phase which will continue into 2018, making them a highly desirable business to forge a long term and secure career with. They have an ever expanding and diverse customer base, which requires their high value precision components on an increasing basis. Further benefits the company provides includes an excellent training programme, flexible working arrangements, a long term highly secure career, very competitive pay rates and shift allowances, a supportive working environment, and opportunities to work on the latest and best in class machinery in the world.
- The successful candidate will report directly to the Shop Manager and will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the operation of using CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
- Operate machines to required quality standard and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products.
- Work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium.
- Interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- Use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self-inspection.
- Work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- Operate computer systems for recording of work activities.
- Support the training of apprentices and trainees.
- Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of setting, operating and programming CNC turning machines.
- They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability and working shifts as required to meet production needs.
- Please note that this role operates various shift patterns including a three shift and continental shift patterns, depending on workload.