Calling all CNC Lathe Prorgammer / Setter / Operators, who lives in and around Gateshead... We are recruiting for a world renowned organisation that work within the the Oil & Gas sectors.
You will be working within the companies Pressure Performance Systems department and will strive to produce world class quality, precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product, for use in both subsea environments as well as a variety of bespoke end uses.
You will be responsible for your own productivity output, utilising various manufacturing processes and disciplines, including turning, some driven tool applications, and 5 axis mill/turn processes.
You will be working a 37.5 hour and will be rewarded with a exceptional pay package that equates to £28,709.00pa (£14.72/hr)
This position will just be day shift for the time being. Monday - Friday 7am - 3pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
• Interpret Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
• Interpret Engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective tooling/programming solution without compromising quality or safety
• Follow a workload schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
• Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
• Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
• Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
• Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
• Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Section Leader and implement changes when requested.
• Attend daily briefings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
• Record accurate time entry (WIP)
• Identify and report quality related issues to Section Leader.
• Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Section Leader to understand the root cause where required.
• Willingly assist Section Leader to eradicate identified or potential areas of non-conformance.
• Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
• Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
• Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
• Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labour costs.
• Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Section Leader.
• Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
• Travel as and when required.
• Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
- CNC Machinist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job