Our client, due to continued business growth, we are looking to recruit a number of ambitious and motivated CNC Setter/Operators to work as part of a determined and professional team, producing high-value 1-off components. Machining tasks are varied and interesting, with guidance and support maintained at all stages of manufacture, ranging from conventional 3-axis machining to complex 3D surfaces using 5-axis machining techniques.
Typical projects include producing scaled-down models, comprising over 100 parts, which are assembled together and used as highly accurate forces/pressures measuring devices within our testing facilities.
As a CNC Setter/Operator, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and operate 3-, 4- and 5-axis CNC milling machines (new machining centres arriving in phases throughout the next year)
- Understand the task at hand by reading engineering drawings, and achieve the desired result by following machining instructions (program master records).
- Prepare and load raw materials (high-grade steels, aluminium) and parts onto the machines.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks, making any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
- Record data of machining operations on Route Cards
- The ideal applicant will be a time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a CNC Setter/Operator.
CNC Setter Operator Essential skills are:
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Competent and confident to set and operate 3- and 4-axis vertical CNC milling machines.
- Online programming experience, to improve machining performance.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential
- Proficient to set and operate 5-axis vertical milling machines (on-the-job training will be provided, where timescales permit).
- Offline programming experience (familiarity with Delcam PowerMill and PowerShape is highly preferable).
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established precision manufacturing team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed.
- Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
- Pension & Life Assurance, Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance, Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
- Holiday 26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
- Car Parking, There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
- The successful candidates must meet UK Security Clearance Criteria - including being resident in the UK for the last 5 years
Please apply ASAP
CNC Setter Operator, CNC
- cnc miller
- cnc setter
- cnc operator
- tool maker
- cnc programmer
- cnc machinist
- cnc setter operator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job