CNC Setter Operator - vertical turret lathe
At Quarry Manufacturing & Supplies we have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Setter Operator – vertical turret lathe to join our team based in Coalville. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Quarry Manufacturing is an established, successful family owned business based at Bardon Hill in Leicestershire. We are European leaders in OEM manufacturing of crushers and crushing plant, suppliers of spare and wear parts for the worldwide quarrying industry, and maintenance experts for crushing plant throughout the UK.
The CNC Setter Operator – vertical turret lathe Role
As our CNC Setter Operator – vertical turret latheyou will set up and operate CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to machine metallic and non-metallic parts.
Responsibilities as our CNC Setter Operator – vertical turret lathe will include:
- To set & operate CNC machines with Fanuc, and controls
- To work to engineering drawings and specifications with the minimum of supervision following training
- To work to tight tolerances and check your own work
- To work on your own initiative and understand the manufacturing processes
- Report any tooling required to team leader
- Prove out programs at the machine ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times
- Keep a clean and manageable working area
- Fulfil training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties and assist in your personal development
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
You must at all times and in all activities, work in a safe manner in line with QMS Health, Safety, and Environmental policies.
As our CNC Setter Operator – vertical turret lathe you’ll need the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as CNC setter operator on a vertical turret lathe ideally fanuc controls
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- NVQ, Advanced Apprenticeship or HNC in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Ability to self-inspect work using measuring verniers, micrometers, rule, gauges
- Ability to measure components in Imperial and metric.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent follow up skills with the ability to complete
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
If you feel you can offer the skills and experience to become a valued member of our growing team please click ‘apply’ today to become our newCNC Setter Operator – vertical turret lathe. We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'