Are you looking for a busy.. buzzing team to join?..
Yes?.. Then we would like to hear from you.. Please read below for more details..
Our Client is part of a larger organisation. As a business we report Delaware, Ohio and to our Parent company Ltd.
Profile and Key Competences
Machine Setter/Operators hold an important role within the organisation. The individual needs to be a good team player that is able to communicate effectively with other Operators, Setters, and supervisors and at all levels of the company.
Based on the business and manufacturing processes we employ, this role may be suited to an individual who has a strong engineering or mechanical background with good experience of multi axis CNC machines and CADCAM programing using Fanuc control.
1. To Set and operate a number of different machines to the Company’s quality standards and cycle times.
2. To be able to set multi axis lathe machines with driven tooling.
3. To be able to read, edit and write CNC programs using CADCAM.
Essential Job Functions
4. To be responsible for the quality of parts produced and ensure they conform to company standards and product drawings by measuring with Vernier, micrometer and projector and recording measurements taken.
5. To ensure all company procedures are followed with respect to product checking.
6. To run machines to achieve cycle times as recorded on works orders
7. Assist Supervisors in improving changeover times, machine run efficiencies, and tooling set ups.
8. Keep work area clean and tidy to help minimise the risk of accidents
9. Work under minimum supervision.
Non-Essential Job Functions
This is not an all inclusive job description and there will be times that the position holder will be asked to perform miscellaneous other duties, as assigned, but not essential to this particular job. e.g. Wash machine operating.
Sound Mechanical Engineering background supported by a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship.
Strong mathematics skills; ability to read and write clearly.
Previous experience with and understanding of, tooling and various machine operations.
Health & Safety
Working under Health & Safety Legislation the candidate will be required to undertake various manual-handling tasks. For example to lift tooling up to a weight of 25Kg, bending, walking, sitting, standing, stooping, and all round good vision and hearing.
Organisation & Reporting
Machine Operators report to the Production Manager through their Supervisors.
Working Hours: -
Monday to Thursday Inclusive:-
Week 1: 2:00 to 10:00 PM Week 2: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Week 1: 1:00 to 8:00 PM Week 2: 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM
39 hours per week
This starts at 23 days for the first calendar year and builds up to 25 after 3 years and 27 days after five years. The company reserves the right to allocate some of your holiday entitlement to cover Company shutdown periods. This currently covers three premium days, which need to be reserved for the Christmas shutdown period.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job