Why work at Holroyd Precision Ltd?
Award winning employers, world leaders in the manufacture of machine tools with ambitious growth plans. A friendly, collaborative working environment where employees are valued and developed. Based in Milnrow, close to Junction 21 of M62, Metrolink within walking distance.
Holroyd Precision Ltd is one of the world leaders in the manufacture of thread grinding and milling machines, and we are looking for an experienced Machine Tools Service Engineer to join our expanding Customer Support Department.
This is a customer facing role where you will be working on Holroyd machines carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, internationally.
- As a key member of the service team you will carry out planned service work, repairs and upgrades, ensuring our customers’ machines are working to their optimum.
- When office based, you will liaise directly with the customer providing technical support and advice on repairs and replacement components.
- Responding to customers for on-site mechanical support at short notice, resolving mechanical breakdowns.
The mechanical support our customers require is varied and will include: planned maintenance, replacing gears, bearings, ball screws, cutter and grinding spindles, as well as hydraulic and pneumatic installations, and may even extend to an overall of major mechanical assemblies.
We are looking for a service engineer with a positive 'Can Do’ attitude with the following skills and experience:
- Time served or apprentice trained (mechanical)
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic skills with the ability to resolve problems and provide workable engineering solutions
- Familiarity with CNC machines and control systems
- Experience of service, maintenance work and machine upgrades
- Excellent customer relations skills with the ability to communication effectively on technical matters both verbally and in writing
- Experienced with Microsoft suite of programmes
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally.
Advantageous would be knowledge of electrics.
Job Additional Information:
Salary and benefits:
Excellent working conditions and salary, premium rates for overtime and outworking, life assurance x 4, pension between 3% to 6% matched contributions and 25 days holiday increasing with service plus 8 days statutory.