£35,000 - £38,000
This is an important and exciting role for the company, the successful candidate will be tasked with driving forward the machine shop milling department and expanding production capabilities through the introduction of new and improved methods.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Engineer's duties will include:
- Act as lead CNC programmer for the milling department.
- Generate all CNC programs for new parts in the milling department.
- Liaise with the Jig & Tool production engineer to communicate tooling and fixture requirements for both existing and new products.
- Identify and select the most appropriate tooling required.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and machine parts to specification, working to extremely high standards and tight tolerances.
- Develop the most efficient machining methods.
- Review programs for all existing parts with a view to improving quality, yield, cycle times, methods etc.
- Design and implement Standard Operating Procedures and set up sheets.
- We are very keen to speak to candidates with the following skills and experience:
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualifications in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive Programming skills in Fanuc, Siemens 840D.
- Well-developed, hands-on, multi-axis CNC milling operating and programming skills.
- Used to working with CNC vertical milling machines.
- CAD-CAM experience, ideally using Feature Cam or similar.
- Aerospace / Automotive experience or similar.
- Experience in lean principles i.e. Kaizen, 5s etc. would be advantageous.
- Project management skills.
- Competent in MS office package.
- Ability to deliver under pressure
As a business our client is a true market leader within their industry with a strong presence across the UK. With a secure portfolio of clients these roles provide a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. If you feel this is of interest, please send your CV to directly to Luke Goggins to or call for a confidential discussion on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job