Newcastle Upon Tyne
Our client is a Global engineering company looking to recruit a CNC Programmer for their facility based just outside of Newcastle upon Tyne on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in supporting the machining processes. The successful candidate will:
- Use Solid Works, Mastercam and Alphacam
- Control the machining process and be responsible for the necessary documentation
- Prepare CNC programmes, tooling and machining parameters on milling machines, axis lathes and vertical turning lathes
- Be responsible for developing, evaluating and implementing change
- Develop and record process information for process definition
- Liaise with tooling suppliers, providing estimates for new opportunities
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to multi-task and control multiple projects
- Have a degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or be time served with a tool making background or have relevant experience in a similar role
- Understand and be experienced in the use of CAD/CAM software, Microsoft Office and have basic working knowledge of GD&T
- Work well both as a team and individually, and have good communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a globally recognised engineering company. This is a day shift role that offers an attractive salary and benefits package for the successful candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job