CNC Programmer/setter/operator shift (Turning)
Formed over 40 years ago, our client specialises in the manufacturing of precision engineered components and assemblies for the Aerospace, Defence, Environmental and Medical Industries, they have a passion for machining prototypes and small batch production pieces.
Our client has a state of the art floor space and is equipped with the latest manufacturing technology. This includes numerous multi axis CNC Machines with turning and milling capability, flexible Manufacturing Systems capable of working unmanned to produce components to close tolerances 24 hours per day. An experienced CNC Turner/programmer (Fixed head) would feel right at home in this blue chip company. This is a fantastic opportunity for any successful applicant.
As a CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator you will be tasked with the following:
Programming, Setting and Operating CNC lathes (Fixed Head) using Fanuc controls.
- Prove out CNC programs ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times and the machining processes are running efficiently to maximise productivity.
- Able to program Online and Offline to gain maximum efficiency.
- Create/Update Set up Sheets
- Maintain highest quality throughout the process, including dimensionally inspect manufactured product, using a variety of measuring equipment, to ensure the drawing requirements are achieved.
- To be able to work on their own initiative and understand the manufacturing processes with minimal supervision.
- Report to the management any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the efficiency of the work assigned.
- Accurate bookings for all parts produced to ensure accurate deliveries and costings. If the planned cycle time is incorrect then it is your responsibility to inform your supervisor so this can be amended accordingly.
- Be an interactive team player, promoting and supporting a culture of continual improvement, 5s and Lean manufacturing standards.
- Complete the preventative maintenance daily log.
- Maintains a clean, safe, organized and manageable work area adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Take a responsible approach to health, Safety and environmental risk in relation to your own job role and report them to the management as appropriate.
- Demonstrating work behaviours consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, procedures and any legislative requirements.
Any other duties as required, commensurate with the job position
- £13 - £15.50 + ph (depending on experience).
- Overtime @ 1.5 times hourly rate.
- Working hours are alternate shifts - Week 1 - 06.00 - 14.30/Week 2 - 14.00 - 00.30 Mon - Thurs (4days) (40/hrs)
- Excellent modern working environment.
- Pension scheme.
- Modern machines and working areas.
- Fixed Head Lathe
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job