A CNC Milling Programmer is required for a well established engineering company based in the Nottingham area. Permanent role working afternoons from 2pm - 10pm Mon to Thurs, and 10:30am - 3:30pm on Friday. Rate of pay is £14 p/h + £123 per week shift allowance, plus uncapped overtime and a generous benefits package
The business are a specialist design, manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of high quality products for the public sector, distributing all over the UK and overseas. The products are produced under a "World Class" quality system accredited to ISO9001, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. The business retains the reputation of market leader in this industry by attention to detail and business excellence.
Responsibilities for the CNC Milling Programmer include -
- Online programming, setting and operating of 3 axis HAAS Machining centres
- Creating Jigs and fixtures for new projects and one off products
- Programme prove out and machine setup from scratch
- Running a first off and inspecting using measuring equipment, before final pass off from QC dept
- Working from customer drawings, CAD designs and job route cards
- Machining one off and small batch components from stainless and aluminium
- Running multiple machines within the cell area, as part of a 7 man team of programmers
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures and general upkeep / maintenance of the machinery daily
The Suitable Candidate
The ideal CNC Milling Programmer will have the following demonstrable skills -
- Experience with programming and setting on 3 axis machining centres
- Be able to programme online using HAAS or FANUC controls
- Manufacture their own jigs and fixtures for one off jobs
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
Working hours are fixed afternoon shifts of 2pm - 10pm Mon to Thurs, 10:30am - 3:30pm on Friday. Standard working week of 37hrs.
Package on offer
Basic hourly rate of £14 p/h
Shift allowance of £24.60 per day, £123 for the week
Overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
Extra days holiday for 0% sickness
Company pension scheme with up to 6.5% employer contributions
Annual bonus (dependant on company performance and profitability)
This is a genuine opportunity to join a well established and recognised manufacturer of high quality products, with support from colleagues and management during your initial probation period.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'