Job Title: CNC Milling Setters & Operators - Day or Night Shift
Location: Dorking, Surrey, UK
Salary Range: £12 - £16/hr plus Night shift premium depending on experience
Reporting to: CNC Shop Floor Manager
This well-established manufacturer in Surrey, UK are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components. They are currently going through a strong growth period and need a number of additional, experienced CNC Setters / Operators to help support this.
We are looking for a range of CNC Millers from operators through to skilled setters. Setters will be responsible for setting up machines for complex, high precision parts and achieving first off approval from quality before handing over to operators. Less experienced CNC operators will take over running machines, loading, unloading, checking parts and liaising with quality assurance for in-process checking. These operators have the opportunity to grow in the company through training and experience.
Candidates for the Setter roles need to be able to work on their own but also play a team leader role in supporting operators to run machines and check parts and ensure that components are manufactured to the drawings and within tolerance. The setters must also be able to multitask across a number of machines and be proactive to ensure components meet quality requirements, working closely with QA and mentoring other staff.
The setter positions are suitable for someone with a significant record of accomplishment in CNC milling or turning complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to supporting others and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
Key Responsibilities for Setters:
- Setting multiple CNC machines (eg Dugard and Brother VMCs)
- Liaise with Shop Floor Manager on timescales and priorities
- Manufacturing jigs and fixtures for work holding
- Handling over to operators to run the machines.
- Carry out work running individual complex jobs if required
- Ensure consistent quality of parts produced
- Mentoring and training less skilled staff
- Be proactive in ensuring work has all necessary tooling to avoid downtime
- Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
- Ensure all work and raw materials in your area are correctly identified with the relevant paperwork
- Work with QA personnel on addressing any issues and supporting continuous improvement actions.
Essential Skills and Experience for Setters:
- Minimum 5 years CNC machining experience
- Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
- Good knowledge of Fanuc and/or Siemens controls
- Setting up fixtures, tooling and programmes
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Very good eye for detail
Nice to have Skills for Setters:
- 5-Axis machining
- CMM programming and use
- Considerable plastics machining experience
Essential Skills and Experience for operators:
- CNC Turning or Milling experience
- Ability to read 2D drawings
- Use of gauges, basic measuring tools
- Willingness to learn and progress
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, CNC Miller, Miller, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.
- CNC Programming
- CNC Turner
- CNC Miller
- Machine Operator
- CNC Operator
- CNC Setter
- CNC Machinist
- Machine Operative
- CNC Programmer
- CNC Engineering
- CNC Operative
- CNC Engineer
- Machine CNC Turner
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'