CNC Mill/Turn Machinist
As a CNC Mill / Turn Machinist you will have 5 years minimum experience in various areas of engineering including production of aerospace components, working with exotic materials and producing complex and tight tolerance work and must have the ability to work unsupervised.
Key Skills as a CNC Mill/Turn Machinist
Programming Setting and operating Doosan MX2600st mill-turn using Feature-cam (Fanuc)
Feature-cam off-line programming
Fluent with Heidenhain control and some Fanuc
Programming Setting and operating 3/4 axis milling machines (Heidenhain)
Job Purpose CNC Mill/Turn Machinist
To manufacture components from drawings and/or instructions, and ensure quality is maintained to a planned schedule. To work in a safe and flexible manner as part of a team. Ensure up-keep of your allocated machine tool(s), the work area, and all tooling relevant to that machine.
- Program, set and machine parts as required from drawings or other information supplied, saving all programs and set up sheets after completion of every job.
- Maintain a good level of quality and workmanship to all work, and tasks undertaken, ensuring that an adequate level of discipline is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that tooling used in the workshop is used efficiently, and returned to either the Workshop Supervisor or the associated area from where it came.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and up-keep of your allocated machine tool, the work area, and all tooling relevant to that machine.
- Liaise with the Workshop Supervisor on a routine basis to identify, and set an order of priority, to your work schedules.
- Follow and complete the set schedule to an accepted level of performance in accordance with ISO9000 and associated company practices.
Standard working week is 39hr
Hours: 8am until 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8am until 3:30pm on Friday.
In return our client will offer overtime (as available):25 days holiday per year, Pension scheme + much more.
Please apply now for immediate interview.
- CNC Mill
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job