Location – Alfreton Derbyshire
£12.00 to £14.00 per hour + overtime & benefits
As a family run firm with over 45 years within precision engineering, my client has a proven track record in providing components to a huge range of engineering industries.
Offering CNC and Manual Milling & Turning services, along with small fabrications and repair, this really is a one stop shop for their customer’s needs.
Due to a period of growth and a recent move to new premises they are now looking to add to their small but skilled existing team and take the company onto a new level to ensure that they can continue to provide excellent service their customers’ engineering needs.
As a CNC & Manual Machinist you will:
• Work within a team or under your own initiative to produce a wide range of milled or turned components
• Manufacture components from a standard range of steel materials
• Have the ability to manufacture one-offs, small batch and longer batch runs
• Set / Program / Edit the machines, using Siemens controls to produce components to agreed standards
• Provide visual checks on finished articles using typical hand tools (Vernier, callipers etc.)
• Make suggestions on improving the manufacturing techniques
• Have the ability to run more than one machine at once
• Be comfortable working with a Prototrak Lathe and XYZ Controller (this is critical to the role)
In addition to working in a position where you can make a real difference and grow as the company grows, you will be rewarded with;
• A good hourly rate of between £12 and £14 per hour (DOE)
• Paid overtime at enhanced rates
• Other good benefits
• Good training and career development opportunities
If you'd like to discuss this position before applying please call John Ryan on 0115 9888792
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job