Toucan Recruitment are looking for someone with experience in Manual/CNC Grinding to work within a fast growing company based in Cardiff.
To work as a member of the Production Department in order to process customer components to the required specifications, and to help develop the machining function within the business.
The position works within the Production Department but will require a liaison with the engineering department to ensure responsibilities are carried out effectively.
- To carry out finish grinding of small batch components to high precision using both a surface and cylindrical grinder.
- To perform the inspection and measurement of finished components.
- To perform CNC programming and milling on small batches of customer components.
- To assist in the design and manufacture of new tooling and fixtures.
- To assist in the repair and modification of existing tooling and fixtures.
- To carry out daily checks and cleaning of machining equipment
- To help sourcing and procure related machining consumables.
- To provide mentoring support and training to co-workers as required.
- To be commercially responsible at all times, safeguarding proprietary information, minimising wastage and not exposing the company to unnecessary risk.
- To maintain a clean & safe environment, working within the Company's quality, health, safety and environmental management systems at all times.
- To undertake any other related duties as requested by your manager.
- Experience of precision grinding & polishing (internal, external & surface), particularly on hard materials.
- Experience of CNC machinery Fanuc (G code) & Heidelheim including setting & programming.
- Capable of interpreting technical drawings and evaluating best manufacturing method.
- Familiar with CMM & full range of traditional inspection & measuring equipment.
- A time served apprenticeship in tool making or can demonstrate equivalent training and experience.
- Must be able to make milled and turned parts direct from drawings.
- Working within the requirements Quality, Environmental and H&S systems
- Able to work with own initiative.
- Eye for detail & quality conscious
- Experience working in high precision, low volume production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job