Quality Personnel is recruiting for a CNC Maintenance Engineer to carry on proactive and reactive maintenance in one of the metal manufacturers based in Milton Keynes. You will be required to carry on maintenance tasks in foundry, workshop and plant equipment.
CNC Maintenance Engineer will:
• be able to work under pressure and understand the importance of production
• resolve high priority issues when required
• work on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
• put forward ideas & projects that will improve current processes
• be skilled in mechanical and electrical engineering, comfortable with pneumatics and hydraulics machine control systems
• install, modify, upgrade and repair factory infrastructure items to include compressed air lines & fittings, electric sockets, lights, network cabling, sockets etc.
• repair and carry out routine services on CNC machine centres, die-casting equipment and portable hand tools etc.
• troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems on machining equipment
• help to improve the visual appearance of the manufacturing area
• promote and assist with both 5 S and Continual Improvement projects within the plant.
• assist with introducing a level of daily / weekly operator TPM supported by suitable instruction documentation.
• introduce a regular preventative servicing plan for machines that are PC based
• control purchase stock and machine spare parts
• arrange for worn and damaged machine parts to be refurbished
• liaise with the 3rd party lubricant supplier regarding coolant, oil usage, condition, stock etc.
• liaise with 3rd party machine tool support engineers to carryout repairs outside of the internal capability
You will ideally have HNC in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Experience in working on any of the following CNC machines: Bridgeport, Hitachi, Mazak, Okuma, Matsuura, Brother is desirable.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel, based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
*** Quality Personnel celebrating 30 years’ of excellence (1987-2017) ***
Specialists in Permanent, Contract & Temporary Recruitment, covering; Industrial, Office, Technical & Engineering.
Please note we can only respond to successful candidates. Quality Personnel acting as an Employment Agency & Business.
To keep up-to-date with all of our vacancies please follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and sign-up for job alerts on our own website.
- CNC Machine
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job