CNC Machinist (Chichester) c£25,000 + Overtime
(Starting Oct / Nov 2018)
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established business looking for a new CNC Machinist (Vertical Machining Centre) / Machine Setter / Operator, on a straight permanent basis, to work on a day shift at their Chichester site.
Are you a CNC Machinist with experience of operating and Setting? Do you have experience of working with CADCAM packages?
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Setting and machining components on CNC vertical machining centre (Haas machines)
- Tooling and fixture set-up
- Inspecting finished items
- Use of measuring equipment
- Programming of components and making appropriate modifications with CAD / CAM systems
- Select relevant tooling
- Complete relevant paperwork
- All duties carried out to be done in a safe manner following H&S safety procedures.
- Program creation and editing within machine controls
- Understanding Vernier/Micrometer measuring equipment working to tight tolerances.
- 2-3yrs experience in an Engineering environment.
- Understand Health& Safety environment/procedures.
- Mechanical/assembly aptitude.
- Read and understand drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a small team
This is skilled, precision work and you MUST have a sound mechanical background in a precision machining environment.
In this position you will work from multiple designs ranging from drawings to 3D models, programming these into the machines, as well as creating parts using Cadcam.
The ideal candidate will have experience of producing machine parts and components on vertical machining centres and lathes. You will have programmed, set and operated the machines as well as utilised a CADCAM package to convert drawings/models into metal based products. You will need a keen eye for detail and a high level of adaptability.
You must be currently living in the UK and or have a Valid UK work Visa to work within the UK.
Alternative job titles would include CNC Machinist, Lathe Setter / Operator, CNC Setter Operator, CNC Lathe Setter / Operator, CNC Machinist Vertical, CNC Vertical Lathe Setter / Operator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'