My client is going through rapid growth at present and is looking to take on a CNC mahinist/Programmer to join their team.
- Predominantly turning (but some milling experience required)
- Generating CNC programmes
- Ensuring components are machined to latest issue drawing
- Ensuring tooling, fixtures, gauges, drawings etc are available, prepared and the machining process is documented and understood in readiness for next job.
- Ensuring Thread Gauges are used in line with check procedures
- Recording critical dimensions on associated Inspection Sheet
- Carry out basic maintenance in line with PPM's (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Recording and reporting Non-Conformances to component and machine
- Feedback to engineering any machining process improvement idea's drawing tolerance amendments required
- Deburring of machined components
The ideal candidate would:
- Be time served and qualified as a CNC Machinist.
- Have at least 2 years' experience of CNC Turning and Milling.
- Have previous experience within a mechanical engineering environment.
- Have knowledge of CNC programming.
- Have experience of machining Exotic Metals (Stainless, Super Duplex, Inconel, etc)
- Be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Be familiar with using measuring equipment, vernier, calipers, micrometer, hole gauge etc
- Must be able to work well as part of a team, and make an active part in team working and achievement of objectives.
- Must be able or work accurately and efficiently.
If you satisfy the above criteria, please send your CV to us. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job