Job Title: CNC Machinist
Salary: £23,000 29% Shift Allowance
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays.
Working hours: 37.75 hours per week. (Alternative shift pattern).
Times: 0600 to 1400 Monday-Friday with half hour lunch tea breaks
Times: 1400 to Midnight Monday-Thursday with half an hour lunch tea breaks
Overtime maybe required during busy periods.
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling and tapping operations on various complex component parts of mechanical shaft seals in a workcell environment in a production mode.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, set up sheets, set up cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required.
- Receive preset tooling from the tool crib.
- Machine and install chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets, Install program into memory banks and chuck work pieces such as cups, mating rings, seal noses, retaining bands, and housings of bar stock or slugs of stainless steel and alloy materials in a workcell environment.
- Activate units of different types of computerized numerical controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a wide range of primary, secondary and tertiary machining operations to turn, face, bore, drill, thread, ream component parts having several inner and external interrelated surface relationships to very close tolerances.
- Inspect finished piece part for proper dimensions and document results.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to offset coordinates, modify and edit programs to compensate for materials, tooling or machine center conditions.
- Load and unload component piece parts.
- Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained.
- Work with supervisor, programmer support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Move completed work to designated areas.
- Assist in other department operations as required to accommodate personnel and production requirements.
- Notify supervisor of machine and operating difficulties.
- Responsible for checking and troubleshooting operating difficulties of own job involving tooling, materials, work center and NC programs and gauging.
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment such as Sunnen gauges and plug gauges.
- Use hand tools as well
- Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Capabilities and Success Factors
- Must be able to setup and operate CNC lathe or CNC mill machines.
- Use mathematics together with the analytical use of process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, and machine status board. Use various types of precision measuring instruments, the ability to make minor modifications to NC/CNC equipment programs, and personal computer to input data.
- Equivalent to 3 years of applied training in a particular or specialized occupation, requiring knowledge of machining principles and methods and programming methods for computer numerical controlled machine tools.
- Diversified work. Use of considerable judgment to plan, perform, set up and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations and processes, including minor modifications to preprogrammed computer routines within the limits of recognized standard methods or procedures.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to set up computer numerical controlled lathes, troubleshoot and make adjustments involving repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Responsible for own work.
- Competitive Salary
- Local Bonus Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pension Plan with Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Contribution