7.30am - 4.30pm Mon - Thurs, 7.30am - 11.30am Fridays
CNC Machinist JOB OBJECTIVE
- To set up/programme CNC machinery for production runs and monitors machinery during the production run to ensure output in line with technical specifications and quality
CNC Machinist BENEFITS
- 25 days' holiday (1 extra after each year of service, capping at 28)
- 4 x life insurance
- Health cash level 2
- Company pension
- Other employee paid flexible benefits
CNC Machinist REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced CNC lathe setter /operator / Programmer
- Ability to monitor and adjust machine offsets using controls used on CNC machines
- Good mathematical skills including TRIG
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings (METRIC)
- Be able to use all types of measuring equipment
- Be able to work well with a small team to achieve goals
- Being familiar with casting type work would also be advantageous
- A knowledge of various materials, steel, brass, AL, MS would be advantageous
CNC MachinistKEY COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable achievement in the operation of CNC machinery
- Flexibility and adaptability (including overtime) to achieve output targets
- Ability to use a crane and evidence of good manual handling experience
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good time keeping
CNC Machinist LOCALLY REQUIRED INFORMATION
- Operatives must be physically fit
- Lifting: up to 50 lbs; proper use of manual handling techniques required
- Operators will spend significant time standing by the machine
- Some exposure to debris and noise; operator must follow safety protocol and wear protective equipment such as overalls, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses and ear protection
- Lubricants and coolants will be handled so caution in handling these is required
CNC Machinist DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up CNC machinery for various production runs
- Use of Fanuc controls / Mazatrol
- Position materials being used on the machine correctly
- Monitors, removes and replaces tools essential to the correct use of the machine
- Monitor machinery for any problems during production runs
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- CNC Machine
- CNC Programming
- CNC Mill