CNC Machinist Team Leader
Setting the example…
If you’re naturally organised with a keen eye for detail and would thrive managing a team in a machine shop environment, as part of a niche manufacturing organisation that prides itself on quality, innovation and teamwork, then read on to uncover how you can use your experience in a role that will challenge you and let your true leadership skills shine.
Who will I be working with?
Unimaq Ltd is a global leader specialising in the design, development and manufacturing of large precision machines and equipment to print preformed beverage cans at speeds exceeding 2000 cans per minute. The fully automated high-speed machines are designed, manufactured, built and tested in Wrexham before being exported all over the world. Established for more than 20 years, the ambitious company prides itself on innovation, boasting a highly knowledgeable, expert and multicultural workforce who benefit from a friendly environment with a strong emphasis on individual autonomy, teamwork, and business involvement. Unimaq has exciting plans on the horizon including significant investment into facilities and product development, making this an exciting time to join the business.
So, what will the role of CNC Machinist Team Leader entail?
Reporting to the Production Leader, as the CNC Machinist Team Leader you’ll be leading a team of 8 in a machine shop environment, utilising your knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures, to ensure the smooth operation of the department as an independent and profitable unit of the company. Taking full responsibility for the quality of all products produced your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinating the work schedules of team members and scheduling requests together with the Technical Administrator
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Setting up, adjusting and operating all basic machine tools alongside many specialised and advanced variations of tools to perform precision machining operations
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometres and Vernier callipers
- Aligning and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Monitoring the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Ensuring machine parts adhere to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders
- Measuring, examining and testing completed units to detect defects and ensuring conformance to specifications using precision instrument such as micrometres
- Setting controls to regulate machining and entering commands to retrieve, input or edit computerised machine control media
- Assisting with the hiring process and team member training
What will I need in order to be considered for this CNC Machinist Team Leader role?
- Proven experience as a CNC Machinist with motivating leadership skills
- Technical mindset with strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to adapt to work on various projects simultaneously
- Creative approach to generating new and innovative ideas
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure
Knowledge of Hurco mills and xyz mill/lathe and HAAS lathe desirable.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a progressive business that will support your career development whilst enabling and encouraging you to work autonomously.
Salary: £28,000 to £34,000 (equivalent to £14.50 to £16.50 per hour), level dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: Private pension, and healthcare cover after one years’ service
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs
Location: Wrexham (North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This CNC Machinist Team Leader vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Unimaq. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Unimaq, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job