Role and Skills Profile
A CNC Machinist with this company is a trained professional and by your diligent work their products are of the high technical standard and fulfil their customers' need for quality and reliability. As part of a team you will work adeptly and efficiently, setting up CNC programs, feeding the machines, and checking the products' dimensions manually (in- process) and/ or using CMM machines and you will report to the team leaders.
- Local Subsidiary of a global group based with 70 sites around the globe, 8'000 employees)
- Main customers are Aerospace, Chemical and Process Industries, Industrial and Electrical Application Industries
- Skilled Hourly Rate of £11.57 + Shift Allowance £14.58 + Attendance Bonus £15.51
- Semi-Skilled Workers - £10.50 PH + Shift Allowance £13.23 + Attendance Bonus £14.16
- BUPA after a qualifying period
- Read drawings and creates CNC programs accordingly.
- Setting up and programming CNC machines (Mazak)
- First- off dimensional tests on new programs.
- Feeds and runs CNC machines.
- In-process controls using manual devices (gauges, micrometer).
- Finished product inspections using CNC CMM machines.
- Problem- aware, active handling of CNC machines.
- Reporting in SAP and on paper.
- Evolution of own skills and techniques.
- Time Served / Skilled Turner.
- Professional handling of CNC machines.
- Good capacity to work in a small team.
- Methodical skills like 5S or CIP useful.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- Willing to improve themselves and their work environment
- Hours of work are Mon - Thurs 2 pm - 10 pm and 12 pm - 7 pm on a Friday with most Saturdays available as overtime first 4 hours at T 1/3 and after 4 hours at T 1/2.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job