I'm currently recruiting for a skilled CNC Machine Programmer / Setter / Operator to join a well established business and global leader in the design and manufacturing industry.
Purpose of the job:
To program, set, and operate, CNC lathes with driven tooling.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Program, set, and operate, CNC lathes with driven tooling, both manually and also with the use of EdgeCam programming software.
- Operate CNC CMM equipment and perform manual part inspection.
- Make improvements to and maintain housekeeping in all production areas on a daily basis.
- Jointly responsible for continuous improvement, reducing machine change over times and the introduction of new techniques to deliver business excellence in 5's and other lean initiatives.
- Working closely with the management team to implement company policies and goals.
- To undertake any other duties that falls within the skills of the individual that may be required from time to time.
- Ensure all activities carried out are ethical, meet H & S regulations and comply with Company procedures, and to help us continually improve health and safety processes, by reporting both physical safety issues and colleague safety attitudes.
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the Environmental Management System.
- Time served CNC Lathe-Mill Programmer/Setter
- ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent will be advantageous
Experience & training:
- Setting and operating CNC twin spindle, twin turret turn-mill centres (Eg. Mazak, Nakamura Tome, Mori). Programming experience with Fanuc, Siemens. Mazatrol etc
- Experience of CNC CMM operation, Edgecam programming software, and knowledge of lean machining techniques, including 5S and TPM, will be advantageous.
Please Note: Regretfully, if you have not been contacted within 1 week of your application, you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you.
In respect of the above role, Cordant People Ltd, operates as an Employment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant People Ltd, welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "CNC Machine Operator"
- "Machine Operator"
- "CNC Machine Setter"
- "Machine Setter"
- "Machine Programmer"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job