A leading North East based Engineering Company based in Tyne and Wear are looking for an experienced CNC Grinder to join their team in a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Grind and lap components to required specifications as per engineering drawings.
- Inspect components and complete any relevant supporting paperwork.
- Deburr, clean and protect components as required.
- Carry out daily inspection and cleaning of grinding machines.
- Work with a range of materials.
- Be able to use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self inspection.
- Work to required quality standards and procedures.
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- To work as part of the machine shop grinding team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- Material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finish component
- Operate in-house computer systems for recording of work activities.
- Support training of apprentices and trainees.
- General housekeeping duties within the manufacturing facilities.
- The successful candidate will be an apprentice trained precision grinder with a working knowledge of both external and internal grinding machines.
- An operational knowledge of CNC grinders and some basic programming skills would be beneficial, as would a recent attendance on a grinding wheel regulation course.
- They should also be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and be able to self inspect using a variety of measuring equipment, together with the ability to work and hold fine tolerances.
- Applicants should be highly motivated with good communication skills and be able to work independently, or as part of a team.
- They must be flexible to work overtime as well as a variety of shifts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'