CNC Grinder / Grinding Technician (CC640-RE)
Location: West Yorkshire - Bradford or surrounding
£20K - £24K Basic + Attendance Bonus + Pension + 20 Days Holiday (rising to 25 days with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
Permanent Role: Monday - Thursday (07:45 - 16:30) & Friday (07:45 - 12:45)
My client is a market leading multi-million pound manufacturer of advanced engineering equipment. They hold an operational presence in almost all major international markets and are recognised for their high quality product range and fantastic customer service.
Operating from my client’s site in the Bradford area, the successful candidate will be responsible for the setting, operating and programming of my clients Studer CNC cylindrical grinding machines.
Other responsibilities’ will include;
- Performing precision grinding using my clients CNC machines.
- Reading interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
- Completing the CNC process by studying work orders, blue prints and engineering specification.
- Working closely with the grinding supervisor to ensure duties are completed to a high standard
- Checking machined parts during and after the manufacturing process.
- Programming, setting and operating machinery in compliance with H&S guidelines
- Producing precision parts and instruments to tight geometric & dimensional tolerances.
- Performing machine maintenance as and when required.
The successful candidate will preferably come from an apprentice engineering background and have experience working as a Grinding Technician. Although not essential, experience of working in a similar high precision environment would be preferred.
Other essential requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible and logical approach to work.
- An autonomous and confident worker.
- Good level of Health & Safety knowledge