We are proud to be working on behalf of a prestigious engineering firm in Derbyshire, East Midlands. Our client have acquired our help in seeking a highly skilled and versatile CNC machinist to join their talented production team. Successful candidates will be immediately enrolled into a busy manufacturing environment so must have the ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines. Candidates must also be proficient in setting and operating 5 axis milling machines.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing machine components from a range of different materials in accordance with customer documentation
- Setting and operating 3,4 & 5 axis milling machines
- Setting machinery to varying tolerance levels for special 'one off’ batches
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical aerospace diagrams
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work environment at all times
- Implementing cost reduction plans for the successful delivery of completed batches, whilst maintaining a consistent quality level.
- Liaising with team leaders and shop floor staff to highlight any technical issues or potential risks
- Carrying out routine daily checks on all equipment and inspecting batches prior to approval
- Providing continuous improvement opportunities to the business
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Ideally trained to HNC level or equivalent
- Time served experience and working on knowledge of 5 axis machining
- Understanding of lean methodology and continuous improvement methods (5s,6 sigma)
- Ability to read and understanding technical and complex engineering drawings
- Ability to proficiently use Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain and Mazatrol controllers
- Previous experience within a busy production environment
- Confidence in communicating effectively on all levels with production staff and customers to discuss technical issues
Due to busy and demanding nature of the role, a flexible approach to performing tasks and duties is strongly desirable. The company also offers the opportunity of weekly overtime on days and nights that are paid at a premium rate.
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job